License renewal/Update for TAC in array environment.
IMPORTANT: License upgrade will reset existing TAC user sessions – this has to be planned accordingly and PortSys recommend to the renewal during least user session or in a maintenance window.
Save all unsaved configuration in TAC before upgrade the license. Applying new license will be discarding all unsaved TAC Configuration. To Save the configuration click on icon in TAC Configuration Console.
Updating license in array environment is straight forward. In array, only array Manager required to generate license request and not all members required license generate. After applying new license on array manager, license will be shared with other array nodes.
To obtain new license for renewal,do the following:
- On the TAC Configuration Manager of Array Manager go to Help > License
- This will launch TAC License Wizard.
- In the license wizard, do the following:
- Enter your company name in the Company Name field. You may already have this field filled. If yes, skip to next step.
- Click on Generate License Request - This will notify you about existing license as follows:
- Click OK.
- Press the Copy to Clipboard button and send the information to email@example.com.
- Once you receive the license data back from PortSys, copy it to the Apply License box section.
- Click the Apply License button to activate TAC.
3. After you have verified everything looks correct, restart the application.
Note - You may check the license status of your TAC Gateway by clicking About on the TAC dashboard or About menu under the Help menu of the TAC configuration toolbar.