License renewal /update for standalone TAC server
IMPORTANT: License upgrade will reset existing TAC user sessions – this has to be planned accordingly and PortSys recommend to the renewal during least user session or in a maintenance window.
Save all unsaved configuration in TAC before upgrade the license. Applying new license will be discarding all unsaved TAC Configuration. To Save the configuration click on icon in TAC Configuration Console.
Updating license in standalone server is straight forward. To obtain new license for renewal,do the following:
- On the TAC Configuration toolbar click Help > License
- This will launch TAC License Wizard.
- In the license wizard, do the following:
- Enter your company name in the Company Name field. You may already have this field filled. If yes, skip to next step.
- Click on Generate License Request - This will notify you about existing license as follows:
- Click OK.
- Press the Copy to Clipboard button and send the information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you receive the license data back from PortSys, copy it to the Apply License box
- Click the Apply License button to activate TAC.
3. After you have verified everything looks correct, restart the application.
Note - You may check the license status of your TAC Gateway by clicking About on the TAC dashboard or About menu under the Help menu of the TAC Configuration Manager toolbar.