PortSys recommends enabling and using the TLS 1.2 protocol on your server. TLS 1.2 has improvements over previous versions of the TLS and SSL protocol which will improve your level of security. If the TAC server has not enabled TLS1.2, This KB article will describe the process to enable this.
Read more about how to disable TLS 1.0 & TLS 1.1 HERE.
IMPORTANT: PortSys recomend to keep necessary backup before doing any changes to registry on the server.
- Browse to the following registry key on the TAC server:
- Right click on the Protocols folder and select New and then Key from the drop-down menu. This will create new folder. Rename this folder to TLS 1.2.
- Right click on the TLS 1.2 key and add a new key underneath it.
- Rename the new key as:
- Right click on the "Server" key and select New and then DWORD (32-bit) Value from the drop-down list.
- Rename the DWORD to DisabledByDefault.
- Right-click the name DisabledByDefault and select Modify... from the drop-down menu.
- Ensure that the Value data field is set to 0 and the Base is Hexadecimal. Click on OK.
- Reboot the server.
Your server should now support TLS 1.2.