Instructions for downloading the TAC Virtual Machine (VM) - Using FileZilla
- Portsys utilizes an FTP site for current VM versions and allows customers access for the purpose of downloading and installing these VM's
- The Portsys Operations Manager will email the the FTP site credentials needed to connect and download the required VM
- We recommed FileZilla for FTP connections to Portsys FTP sites, so all instructions below are based on the FileZilla application, version 3.30.0
Use Site Manager to connect to the FTP Server
- Click on File, and select Site Manger (alternatively, from main window hit Ctrl+S)
- Create a new site
- Enter the server IP address that was provided
- Enter port # 21
- For protocol, use "FTP-File Transfer Protocol"
- for Ecryption, use "Only use plain FTP (insecure)"
- for Logon Type, us "Ask for password"
- For User, enter the username that was provided
- Click on 'Transfer Settings' tab
- Select "Active", under 'Transfer mode:'
- Then click "Connect"
- Then enter the password that was provided and click "Ok"
- After connetion to the FTP server is made, you will see something simlar to the screenshot below:
- To download your file, right click on the correct file (under remote sites), and then click "Download"
- You can then monitor the download at the bottom on the "Queued files" tab