Client-less RDP application publishing allows the end user to eliminate the use of TAC Client Service component or native Remote Desktop client in end user workstations.
By publishing the Client-less RDP app, the user will be able to launch the RDP application in the browser. This allows the user to seamlessly work on the remote desktop, or remote-app, without any additional component requirements. TAC Client-less RDP feature uses HTML5 technology for the client session.
To publish Client-less RDP application do the following:
- Click Add in Application section of your site.
- Select the remote desktop application type from Remote Desktop/VDI dropdown menu depend on the requirement.
- Click Next
- Enter Application name, click Next.
- In the Remote Desktop Server page, enter remote desktop server settings.
- NOTE: you can create a remote-app using the RDP file content field for additional RDP settings. See RemoteApp KB Article HERE
In the Default Transport drop down list select HTML5.
- Click Next.
- Configure Authentication, click Next.
- Configure Authorization, click Next.
- In the portal page, click Next and Finish.
Apply configuration to publish the application. This will publish the RDP application as a client-less RDP app. When end users launch the app, the app will open in a browser tab.
To enable HTML5 for an existing RDP application:
Go to the RDP application properties and click on the Remote Desktop tab, then change the Default Transport to HTML5.